Lunes, Hulyo 9, 2012

A COUPLE OF COUPLES

This morning, she texted me if I am coming to the wake of a dear pastor's mother.  I told her yes.  I am sure that she and her husband have something for me.  Actually, they always have something for me and for us.

True enough, earlier tonight, they handed me a couple of gifts:


Anniversary shirt



And a book with a unique title

 And in the past their gifts  always comes in couple:


  • A gift for me and for my wife



  • A gift for me and for my Kuya Amos



  • A gift for me and for my Diko Amiel



  • A gift for me and for my son, Amen



  • A gift for me and for my son, Aiehn 



  • A gift for me and for my daughter and her goddaughter, Aiah 



  • A gift for me and for my mother



  • A gift for me and for my grandmother.


Again, they always come in couple:


  • A cash gift and gift in kinds



  • A cash gift and a pasalubong 



  • A cash gift and a gift of prayers



  • A cash gift and a gift of encouragement



  • A cash gift and a gift of affirmation



  • A cash gift and a gift of understanding



  • A cash gift and a gift of forgiveness


They are expert also in remembering special occasions and making ordinary day memorable.


  • They remember my birthday


  • They remember  my love ones' birthday


  • They remember to bring me "pasalubong" when they are out of town


  • They remember when they just pass by to a mall and thinks a tshirt suits me


  • They remember me when I am near


  • They remember me when I am far


They  also exert effort in trying to know me more.


  • They know my brand of clothing


  • They know my preferred size


  • They know my favorite book

  • They know me as a pastor

  • They know me as a person

  • And many things about me that I thought they don't know, they know.

To you loving couple, this couple of words, "thank you" is not enough, it needs to have additional couple of words, "very much."


Judy and Julie Medin

3 komento:

  1. Touch naman kami sa ginawa ninyong blog for us. Thank you rin po for making special yong mga simple gifts and simple thoughts na kung iisipin ko naman ay ordinary thing lang yon.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. this is my only way to show our deep appreciation for your unconditional generosity. may God bless you with more

    TumugonBurahin