Linggo, Abril 8, 2012

SHE CALLS ME NAME, SHE MEETS ME THERE

She was animated when she saw me in the18th birthday celebration that we both attended.  Her hands were waving at me. Her trademark gesture.  Her usual demeanor. She is a gifted pianist.   But she was calling me by an unusual name.

She 1: KUWARENTA! KUWARENTA!

I don't know what would I feel being called by that name. Would I be sad not being called Pastor Arnel anymore or happy that she baptized  me with a new name?

Nonetheless I was smiling at her.

She 1: Nabasa ko nang lahat ng posts mo, magsulat ka na.  Naiyak ako doon sa post mo tungkol sa kaibigan mo na namatay.

I smiled even more after I heard that.

Obviously, she was calling me by my blog's name.

I now have another name.  Time will come there will be a.k.a after my real name.

I think having another name has something to do with what we are celebrating today.  The resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  His coming back to life gave us numerous new things.  One of these is having a new name.

Just like Abram became Abraham. Sarai became Sarah.  Jacob became Israel.  Saul became Paul and a lot more.

We are called by what people think we significantly and insignificantly do.

The former gentleman is called Jose Pidal.  The former president is called, "I am sorry" girl.  Our president Noynoy Aquino is called "Noynoying" because his critics think that he is sitting on the issues and concerns that he needs to address.

Now, by the name she called me can be an indication that I am now a certified blogger or writer not only to myself , to her but also to other people.

When the party is over, I bade goodbye to another friend and follower of the blog.  She said ...

She 2:  See you at the blog.

She is one of those  I missed in my former church appointment.  We now seldom see each other.  But because of my blog, we can update on each other almost daily.  Me thru my post.  She through her comments.

Yes, I will see her at the blog.

Jesus also told to His disciples, "See you at Galilee."

Galilee symbolizes a place of ministry and service.  It is the place where Jesus is, where He meets His disciples.

We cannot experience Jesus physically but when we are in the place of service, there we can feel His presence.

In a way, I have experienced my own resurrection when she calls me name and when she meets me there.



2 komento:

  1. No longer will I call you Arnel. I will call you AMEL which means Arnel's Ministering thru Encouraging Letters. Pinilt ba paralangmaka-relate sa blog mo?

    TumugonBurahin
  2. thanks for the comment my friend and wow, I am getting more names! hehehehe! i love it!

    TumugonBurahin