Huwebes, Abril 12, 2012

SCOOBY DOO

Scooby-Doo-tv-07.jpg
Sccoby Doo Sticker



August 1984 when I celebrated my 14th birthday. 
Scooby Doo sticker had graced my special day. 
Yes, it was a mere 2 x 2 inches  sticker in size.
But to me no amount can equal it true prize.

It was a gift from my mother.
Back when she was working as a domestic helper
In the Middle East, under a cruel employer
Who put her to jail because she said, she err.

It was a gift from my mother
When life for us was a lot tougher
But she tried and tried to make it better.
Overworked and underpaid she was.
Away from everything she had.

But nothing and nobody was able to stop her
To call for a celebration and a gift to deliver
For her precious children to always remember
They are her treasures, her joys forever.

I tried to keep that birthday gift as best as I could
To cherish it always I promise I would
But a lot of moving made me missed that gift
Good thing there is a heart where gift can truly live.

Again, among the presents that I received ever
It's  one of those stucked in  my heart
Such a very simple work of art
That came solely from a mother's heart.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANAY!
I WISH I COULD OFFER TO HER
THE BEST OF THIS WORLD COULD OFFER
BUT MEANTIME, REST ASSURED
THAT THERE IS A SON IN ME
WHO IS ALWAYS PROUD TO HAVE 
A MOTHER IN YOU.


















Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento