Biyernes, Abril 20, 2012

JUDGING BECOMES ME

Below is the thread of my conversation with Sheila.  She is a member of Mount Pisgah UMC, my previous church appointment.  She works in Cultural Center of the Philippines and is instrumental to Mount Pisgah's creative and artistic way of  celebrating their annual founding anniversary.

This year, they will have a short films festival.  And Sheila asked me to be one of the judges of the said film festival.

I grew up watching films.  I learned valuable lessons from films.

My very life can be made into an interesting film. Hehehehehehe!

I remember in our Doctoral class, one of our professors usually make use of films as effective illustration for his lessons.  And before he plays a certain film, he will ask us who among his students have seen the film.  Most of the times, I am the only one raising a hand.

One of my classmates can't help but noticed my affair with the cinema.  And he was surprised to learn valuable lessons from the films that we've watched.

I guess, the problem with him is he prays too much and churchs too much that he misses the morals a movie offers.

So, to say that I am excited with my task as a judge is an understatement.




Part of my score sheet


oooOOoo

Sheila: Ei pastor! I understand frm ate julie na hndi ka daw pwede sa 29? Sad naman.

Me: Hi Seelah! Late na kc ako makakarating if I would come to ur affair at night :-)

Sheila:  Oo nga eh, pati nga ung tech head ng film dev namin di rin nakakapunta.  Ako lang baka akalain nla ako lang ang nag judge.  Hahaha! Bka manalo ci sofia, sbhnnla luto! Anyway, i wil have d four films ready by april 24 for judging. Makakapunta ka kaya sa ccp to get d dvd? Hndi kci ako marunong pumunta jan sau.

Me: ok.  I wll pick them up as soon as d dvds are ready.  Can u send me the guidelines for judging in advance so I am already prepared when I watch it? tnx

     :  Don't worry I will have it in my blog to tell about my pick so no one will think it is luto.  Hehehehe

Sheila:  Ok wil send it to u tom na lang sa email.  Thanks ha

Me: Ur welcome!

Sheila: Yes! U should write somethng about it after d 29, and maybe download d films for ur folowers to see, anyway its just 5 mins each :-)

Me: I have that in mind since d time u asked me to judge

Sheila: Nice! Looking forward to it :-0

Me: I myself is excited.  You don't run out of creative things to make pisgah's anniv unconventional and interesting :-)

Sheila: Mana ako sau sa pagiging unconventional, only am being praised for it coz am an ordinary citizen, unlike u, a pastor should always follow d norms :-0 But i like that in you!

Me: Hahaha! Parang gusto kong mag tumbling hearing that. Pisgah's artistry is what I missed so much in a church.  Ur being in ccp indeed has a divine purpose.  That is to bring back arts in d church.

Sheila: Gusto kitang makitang mag tumbling :-) yeah ur right, thats probably my purpose in life.


oooOOoo

I now have the official posters of the films in competition.  The whole production has evidently exerted a great effort to their respective films.  Impressive ang dating ng posters.

Excited na nga sana akong i-blog ang mga posters but Sheila requested me to have it on Sunday na lang because that is the official day to launch the posters.

Kaya wait na lang kayo for the posters my dear readers.






2 komento:

  1. Thank you Pastor A! I had you in mind the moment the arrangements for a film competition were approved by the council... I know you will be excited to be a judge, and I know too that you will deliver well dahil sobra kang mahilig manood ng mga fils pati indie films di mo pinatawad

    TumugonBurahin
  2. at instrumental ka talaga sa affair ko with cinemalaya film festivals. it is indeed an honor to be chosen for this task. thanks a lot

    TumugonBurahin