Lunes, Marso 25, 2013

ROYAL TRUE ORANGE

I am changing as I live.  One day, I will make a post of the things that are changing in me.  But there are things that will not change. We call it natural.  And there are two recent instances wherein I realized again my true nature.

Inside the dorm, busy with finishing our dissertation and having random talk with my classmate, he told me that he feels that I am next in line in the leadership position.  I feel humbled about his opinion of me.  The only problem with me according to him is that I don't play politics.  I never thought that he knows me that well or he is observing me.  He is right, I am not really a political person.  If there be a recognition, I want it to be based on my  true worth and not because I have connections with prominent people.  In fact, I observe that I avoid people in power.  I mean, as much as possible, I just want to have a professional dealing with them.  You won't see me fighting over a position.  Ika nga ng namayapang action star na si Rudy Fernandez sa isa sa kanyag mga pelikula, "Walang personalan, trabaho lang."

In this world where politics is everywhere, even in the church, should I be proud that according to some, I remain as I am through the years, a non-political person? 




The following day, we were having our lunch in the food court when my batchmate in  Union Theological Seminary who was at the other table called my attention.  He is a Christian Education Teacher in Wesleyan University of the Philippines. I waved my hand back to him.

Nang matapos silang kumain, pumunta siya sa table ko at nagkaroon ng konting kumustahan.  He was aware that I was taking up my Doctoral studies and is now finishing my dissertation.

When he bade goodbye, he addressed me as "Doc."  I waved my hand downward to dissuade him from calling me as such.    My gesture prompted him to say, "Kilala naman kita noon pa, hindi ka sabik sa mga titulo.  Mababang loob ka talaga.  Di tulad ng iba akala mo kung sino, taas noo (he stood erect and raise his head to demostrate his point) kaagad dahil Doctor na sila."  

Another day and another person seeing my true nature.  

In this world where titles are so important to people and "can be bought by a price", should I be proud that according to some, I remain to be non-title conscious person?

Well, if you happened to visit to my house, you will not see a single diploma of the school where I graduated.  Some of them were already lost while my college diploma is still in my alma mater.   Only my grandmother takes the time to display some of my certificate of recognition while others are requested by those who gave them to me.  Not that I have against to those people who do display their achievements, it is just not me.  I don't see the need.

I am just happy because when people accused me  of being this and that, there are people who have eyes to see the real me.

I am not an orange soda person pero sa panahong ito, gusto ko siyang inumin at sabihin ang kanyang classic na slogan,












ITO ANG NATURAL, ROYAL TRUE ORANGE :-)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento