Miyerkules, Marso 6, 2013

BE THERE




Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness - Seneca

Photo taken from the internet



Nagdrive siya pauwi ng bahay.  Galing siya ng Thailand para sa isang out of the country na seminar.  He has to appear strong again for his wife and for his family.  The truth is, he would like to succumb to his worries and fears.  He is already tired of playing strong.  But he has no choice, there is his family who draws strength from him.  Without his family, it is easy for him to be himself and to live his life with complete abandon.

Middle of last year since his target sales a month has been declining.  There is no hint when it will be over.  He knew that life is tough for everybody these days but he still can't help to fear for his future and for his family.

These are the things that I heard from my high school friend over the cellphone.  He was calling to me while he was driving.  Obviously, he needs somebody to talk to.  Somebody who would listen to him.

Actually, he is one of the top students in our class.  He already displays a sense of self confidence back then.  And the whole class felt it strong.  He was called, "bagyo."  And he takes no offense on it. He was even proud.  He is the type of person whose presence will make you conscious of yourself.

But tonight he felt weak and uncertain.  His descent fortune could not give him the security that he needs.  The reality that he was still much better than me and  most people could not pacify him.  He knew that he needs to count his blessings.  He only feels weak to begin.

The truth is, I want to befriend him.  But I know that he already knew what I can tell him.  I don't even feel his need of me.  So, every time he asks for a prayer, I just obliged.  I will just wait for a time that he will update me on the answers to his prayer.  Every time he feels his need of me.  There I will be.

He said that his wife is telling him of her worries and fears.  I told him to try doing the same to his wife.  He is not ready yet.  He still believes that he needs to appear as the "knight in shining armor."  I cannot blame him because I can relate to him.  Being known as a kind and tough person, many times, I need to wear my mask too.  

After a few minutes of listening and clarifying his present perspectives, he thanked me that I picked up my phone and engaged a conversation with him.  I just assured him that I am always there for him.
I cannot give him anything.  He doesn't need anything material anyway.  All he needs is to slow down.

I am sharing this right now because I realized that sometime, you don't have to be the wife, the best friend, the counselor, the adviser.  Sometimes, you just have to be there. 




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento