Lunes, Agosto 20, 2012

THE JOY OF FRIENDSHIP

Friends come and friends go but there are friends who remain.  And this friend of mine stayed with me through the years.  Our friendship started when we became classmates in college.  On our first day of school, she started befriending the whole class.  She has the blood of Miss Congeniality in her.  And friendship attracts friendship.  And so we became friends.  The friendship they call forever.

She was one of the secondary sponsors when I got married.  Back when we were both skinny.  Hahahahahaha!  She is also the godmother of my son, Amen Learn.

Joy and I at the Iceberg, Robinsons, Ermita


 We decided to meet at 7 pm at Robinsons, Ermita.  I was on time.  She was one hour late.  As usual.  Hahahaha! That is her trademark.  That is the one I have learned to love in her.  Because this BFF (Best Friend Forever) taught me how to be patient.  Why does an on-time person click with a time-less person? Well, bestfriends do not have to be totally alike to stick together.

But mind you, this person, is one of the most dedicated that I know.  I know that back in college, there were so many things that destruct her.  But once she focused herself to a given task, she will give you a run for your money.

I remember when we had this radio play presentation in college.  There was a scene that required the sound of a person "passing out."  She was in charge of the sound effects.  And she literally dived on the floor to create the needed sound.  Hahahahahahaha!

Another instance, this time, a drama play.  She was one of the main leads.  She was burning with fever during the first day of show.  I thought she was not coming.  And she had all the reason not to.  But professional as she is, she came with a passionate acting.




That was her order. Joy is a food lover.  It is through her that I came to know the latest and the best place as far as fancy restaurant is concerned.  But since I am the one who is giving a treat, she has to bear with my choice and my budget.  Hahahahahaha!


My order, the best seller in Iceberg, Pork Sisig


Mango Iced tea
This meeting was rescheduled for so many times.  Sometimes we plan according to the date of our birthdays.  Her birthday passed and mine was about to come.  Finally, our schedules met.  

There was no obligation in us to remember each other's birthday or special occassions.  All we know is that, as if it was just yesterday, when we last met.  We lose track of each other for a while but renewed our friendship and have been meeting now at least once a year.

Joy and Me at the Starbucks
We transfered to Starbucks for a coffee after dinner.  She is a coffer lover or a Starbucks lover.  Hahaha!  There are so much to talk about.  We have developed through the years this great degree of openness.  We exchange notes.  Hahahahahaha!


Her birthday gift to me
Right now, Joy is a full-time mom.  Her choice.  She used to work but for some reasons, she stopped.  When she was working, her wallet is always busy giving all her friends and loveones a treat.  That includes me.  This friend of mine is sweet and generous.

While I was waiting for her, I was thinking that she is not comfortable being on a receiving end.  I knew that she will definitely have something for me.  And I was not wrong.  She gave me a birthday present.  I was so touched by her gesture.

She reads my blog and rereads it.  Thank you so much Joy!  I told her I will blog about our meeting ... about her.  And I am sure that her heart is telling me a lot of "thank you's."

I thank God that God showers and enrich me with friends.  And this friend of mine put so much "JOY" is a relationship called friendship.

UNTIL OUR NEXT MEETING BFF!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento