Martes, Setyembre 10, 2013

PAANO BA TATAMIS ANG BEER?

Attending a retreat, we were group by twos for a time of sharing.  We were asked to share about the people who hurt us the most in the past.  I admit, I was not ready to share because I have done telling about it many times in the past.  So I let my partner to start and share it all he can.

I listened to him talk about the people who hurt him.  The more I listen the more he talked until there was no time left for me to share.  But it was ok because that was  the best opportunity for him to share his feelings, his true feelings to someone whom he trust.

He said that he has nobody whom he can really pour out his innermost feelings.  Most of his friends are just there for random talks and superficial conversations.  He could not share it to his wife because he was afraid that he will be judged more than cared for.

We both felt that we need time to talk it over for a longer time in another place.  I was ok with that.  I like listening to people's story.

In the middle of our discussion, he suddenly asked me, "Umiinom ka ba ng beer?"  I was taken aback by his question.  But I recovered fast by saying, "I don't drink beer BUT I AM WILLING TO DRINK ONE if it is needed for him to be more open to me.

Like I said, drinking beer is not for me.  I hate its bitter taste.  Anything bitter, except "Ampalaya" I dislike.  I could not even stand bittersweet taste like other beverages available in the market.  I have a sweet, sour and salty tooth but not bitter tooth.  Hehehehehe!

If our talk happened back when I was still a conservative Christian, with pride I will say to him emphatically that I DON'T DRINK BEER AND I HATE PEOPLE DRINKING IT.  MORE SO, IF THOSE PEOPLE ARE CHRISTIANS.

But time changes. So do I. I no longer look at beer drinkers as evil.  There are more evil things than drinking beer, puffing a cigarette and other vices.  My saying no to drinking beer has something to do with health concerns.  Isa pa, hindi ko alam kung paano ako malasing.  Who knows? Baka kapag nalasing ako ay katulad ako ng mga tiyuhin ko at kakilala na kapag nalalasing ay nagiging:


  • Sobrang "cheesy".  Lahat kini-kiss niyayakap at sinasabihan ng "i love you" kahit lalaki.  
  • Sobrang "drama".  Iyak nang iyak at sabi nang sabi ng kanyang sama ng loob.
  • Sobrang "war freak".  Ang tapang tapang kapag lasing, kahit sino inaaway.
  • Sobrang "galante".  Namimigay ng pera pero kapag nahimasmasan ay binabawi ito.
  • Sobrang "messy".  Nagsusuka, natutulog at umiihi kahit saan.
  • Sobrang "lasing".  Naghuhubo't hubad habang natutulog.
O di ba? Iba-iba ang epekto ng alak sa tao. Iyan ang mga dahilan kung bakit ayaw kong matutong uminom ng beer.  Mabuti sana kung katulad ako ng tatay ko na itinutulog lang ang pagkalasing.  Eh paano kung isa sa mga nabanggit ko sa taas e mangyari kung malasing ako? Eh kung paano kung lahat ng yun ay gawin ko.  Hahahahahahaha!


Another thing that made me surprised by his question was he's having no issue with a pastor drinking beer.  Wala pa lang issue sa kanya kung nainom ng beer ang pastor niya.  Well, meron namang ganoong mga members na hindi itinuturing na nakakawala ng kabanalan ang pag-inom ng beer.

Last Sunday, nagkita na naman kami.  He reminded me again of the part two of our sharing.  Hindi niya pala ito nakakalimutan.  I told him I am just a text away.

I am looking forward to having that day; our drinking session.  The day I wouldn't mind drinking a beer.

Oo, mapait pa rin ang magiging  panlasa ko sa beer.  It will always be.

But what will make this beer "sweet" is because through it, I will able to listen to somebody who badly needs someone to talk to.  And it can only happen  OVER A BOTTLE OF BEER.:-)


Speaking of beer, let me share to you one of my favorite songs.  I love the song's concept more than anything else:-)



                      

2 komento:

  1. Thanks pastor :)

    I also don't like drinking beer but I also don't mind drinking occassionally.

    I also would usually make sure that my friends know that it is ok for them to drink beer if they want to (in our house or while we are sharing a meal on elsewhere) which is contrary to the "conservative" image I used to have.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Your welcome Floyd! Thank you also for taking time to read and to comment. I am glad that we are welcoming the changes that are taking place on our faith and service:-)

    TumugonBurahin